Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chemical Pregnancy

It sounds so clinical. It sounds like it was just your body "faking" the hormones to make you look pregnant when you really weren't.

But really you were pregnant.

It's just that it didn't take.

Most women don't even know they were pregnant either because they weren't expecting it or they think it's too early to tell.

I knew. I was expecting it. I took the pregnancy test right at 14 days and it showed positive.

I didn't want to be pregnant. I told God I didn't want it. I had a rough weekend. Then I had some funky cramps.

Now I'm not pregnant.

Technically my period isn't even late. It's still within the range of days that my cycle normally is. But this time it's not a normal period. It should have been a baby.

Now I want this baby.

No comments: